For centuries, crystals have been believed to have healing properties. From releasing spiritual, mental, and physical blocks to ensuring users’ health and safety, gems, such as clear quartz, amethyst, and turquoise, still remain an alternative medicine technique that some people swear by. Below, you’ll find everything you need to know to gain a better understanding of these healing stones, including a brief look at their history and the beliefs associated with specific gems.
The History of Crystals
There is evidence that using crystals for their healing powers dates back to at least ancient Mesopotamia, when the ancient Egyptians are believed to have adorned themselves with crystals to get rid of negative energy, fight off illness, and bring wearers certain gifts from the Gods. In addition to using them during life, crystals were often buried with the dead, guiding them safely to the afterlife.
Over time, the use of crystals spread all over the world, becoming particularly popular among the ancient Chinese, Japanese, and Greeks, as well as those practicing Hinduism.
Today, crystal healing spas can be found throughout the world.
How do Crystals Get their Powers?
According to tradition, the act of holding crystals or putting them on your body allows their natural vibration to interact with your own body’s chakra, or energy fields. By doing this, the crystals are able to absorb, diffuse, direct, and focus energy within your body, enabling it to find its own natural rhythm. In changing your chakra, negativity is cleared out of the body, allowing it to function at its optimal capacity and benefit for a restored balance.
Popular Healing Crystals and their Properties
It’s been reported a stone’s vibrant color is linked to its specific healing properties. Some of the most popular crystals used today include:
· Amethyst: Known for its gorgeous purple hue, amethyst is believed to help purify the mind, uplift your mood, and strengthen your spiritual connections.
· Rose Pink:This pale pink hue is thought to help attract and secure unconditional love.
· Citrine: Citrine’s deep shade of golden yellow is said to be linked to luck, positivity, and success.
· Clear quartz: Thanks to its clear coloring, quartz is ideal for cleansing negative energy and helping to calm the mind.
· Ruby and Garnet: Easily recognized by their fiery shades of red, both ruby and garnet are associated with sudden boosts of energy.]
· Copper:Reddish-brown in hue, copper has the ability to soothe and energize by getting rid of negative energy that is dragging you down.
· Jade and emerald:Mesmerizing shades of green, jade and emerald are believed to help your body regain its overall balance by redirecting and harmonizing your energy flows.
· Sapphire: A deep, intense, almost velvety blue, sapphire promotes communication and openness, making it perfect for helping you reveal your inner truths and ensuring the truth is revealed to you.
· Indigo: A brilliant combination of blue and violet, indigo is known for its calming properties. It can help relax even the most chaotic and overstressed person.